2018 was a busy year for us. We redesigned and relaunched the site, talked to some of the best designers in the industry, toured a few branding agencies, covered sustainability and packaging waste, discovered all sorts of new packaging materials, and even found time to write about pizza boxes that fold out into little tables. While we know no one reads introductions to year-end lists, we're grateful for everyone making this our most successful year yet.So before we roll into 2019, let's take a look back at some of our most popular articles.
1. Edit, Undo: Meet The New Dieline
2. Pantone Releases Their Color of the Year for 2019: Living Coral
3. Target Launches New Discount Brand, Smartly
4. Stay Cool, Calm & Collected With Recess CBD Infused Seltzer Water
5. Profiles in Design: Brian Collins Created the Dream Agency for Young Designers
6. Budweiser & Jim Beam Launch Limited-Edition Reserve Copper Lager
7. Starbucks Releases Their 2018 Holiday Cups
8. The 6 Best Products We Saw at Expo West
9. Get Ready for More Augmented Reality Packaging
10. How Photography is Changing the Face of Packaging
11. That Dunkin’ Redesign is More In-Depth Than You Thought
12. Pantone’s Got Big Plans for Physical and Digital Integration in 2018
13. Inside the Studio: Rice Creative
14. The Tylenol Murders Changed Packaging Forever
15. Binh Coffee Revels In Holograms and Unforgettable Sunrises
16. Packaging Up The MRE (Meal, Ready-to-Eat)
17. Designers Share their Favorite Packaging & Branding Projects from 2017
18. Tide Out Here Making Laundry Detergent Look Like Boxed Wine
19. Adobe Stock Releases Their 2019 Visual Trend Forecast
20. HOLY F**K THIS BOSTON PIZZA BOX FOLDS OUT INTO A TABLE
21. Take A Step Into Nature with Botanical Coffee Co.
22. The 7 Best Brands We Saw at Expo East
23. How To Build A Successful Brand In 2018
24. Adobe Has Released the Visual Trend of the Summer: Creative Reality
25. Just How Much Of A Packaging Waste Problem Do Meal Kit Companies Have Anyway?
26. The Sparrow Mart Debuts in Downtown LA
27. Profiles in Design: Tosh Hall of JKR Talks Talent, Tenacity, and Luck
28. Pepsi Really Wants You To Forget About That Kendall Jenner Thing So Here’s a Retro Can
29. Is the World Ready for the Paper Packaging Solutions from BillerudKorsnäs?
30. The 5 Best Pieces of April Fool's Day Packaging We Saw This Year
31. Myrcene Is the World's First Cannabis-Infused Gin
32. Ditch Your Plastic Shampoo Bottles With NOHBO
33. Will Cartons Take the Place of Aluminum Cans?
34. Skip The Plastic and Package Your Food With Kombucha
35. What Package Designers Need to Know About California's New Cannabis Regulations
36. Big Brands Won’t Save Us, But Will Sell Trying
37. LARQ Introduces The World's First Self-Cleaning Water Bottle
38. Nintendo Wants You To Build Things Out of Cardboard and It’s Pretty, Pretty, Pretty Cool
39. ZAK Designs The Perfect Dairy-Free Ice Cream
40. Color Nerds, Rejoice! There's Now a Pantone: The Game.
41. Everything You Wanted To Know About The Adobe Dimension Updates
42. What is the Role of Luxury Packaging in an Ever-Changing Cannabis Industry?
43. Inside the Studio: Vault49's Home Away From Home
44. The 4 Best Things We Saw At Adobe MAX
45. Chobani Just Turned Yogurt Into a Condiment
46. Diet Coke: New Flavors, New Cans, New Color Pop
47. Strawless At McDonald's? Not So Fast.
48. Booze-Free Alcohol is What’s Next in Beverages
49. Ikea's "The Last Straw" On Display At London's Design Museum
50. LEBON Is More Than Toothpaste, It's An Experience