Dogwalkers Cannabis Pre-Rolls Are Inspired By Walks With Your Pup
by Jessica Deseo on 02/01/2020 | 3 Minute Read
“Dogwalkers was inspired by leisurely strolls with our own pup, Bailey. That’s why we donate to animals in need with every Dogwalkers product purchased. Together we can help make sure more dogs are loved and walked often.”—Not only is this the printed copy that is visible when a consumer flips open the lid of our Dogwalkers tin, it’s also an honest description of the simple story behind our brand.
Dogwalkers was established in 2016 shortly after the conception of the Illinois medical cannabis pilot program, in order to offer a unique small-format cannabis pre-roll to consumers who value quality and convenience. We realized that the standard one-gram pre-roll was often too large to pair with a leisurely walk around the block with our own beloved pups. “Let’s make them smaller and drop them in an on-the-go tin” we decided. At that moment, Dogwalkers got its “legs”.
In 2018, GTI’s brand team kicked-off a comprehensive rebrand initiative for the Dogwalkers logo, packaging and visual ID. The need behind this project, and ultimately the ways in which the rebrand improved the Dogwalkers brand environment are as follows:
- To better reflect our commitment to crafting high-quality pre-rolls, while acknowledging the rich history of this authentic and timeless cannabis product category.
- To stand out from the pack as the brand expands to additional highly competitive states.
- To create a universal package with the proper compliant components in the complex regulatory environment, which will allow the brand to seamlessly scale as GTI’s market presence expands across the country.
- To create an emotional connection and nostalgic experience with a consumer base that recognizes pre-rolls as a cannabis staple.
- To showcase our love for the animal community and communicate our financial support for deserving animal shelters.
- To better communicate our origin story.
With its new and improved branding Dogwalkers has expanded to four states across the country and gained rapid popularity as a result of the brand’s consistent quality and ongoing donation partnerships with deserving animal shelters.
- Designed By: Green Thumb Industries (GTI)
The GRO Agency
Jackson Family Wines