- Create memorable and unique on-brand packaging experiences that customers love.
- Lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting subject-to-change timelines.
- Work closely with the Design Director to determine potential concepts, forms, formats, and ideal executions based on time, budget, and project-based restraints and goals.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to make great packaging experiences and oversee packaging development from ideation to execution.
- Create compelling visuals that convey key ideas and confidently encompass the elements of design thinking and rationale, with openness and receptiveness to feedback.
- Oversee and lead packaging on assigned projects from initial exploration and conception to detailed and thorough design and presentation to sourcing, sampling, testing, sell-in, production, and launch.
- Work and collaborate closely with the Design Director, Copy Lead, Production Designer, Product Team, and Packaging Operations to ensure that the production of packaging and print designs seamlessly meets Dame standards.
- Act as an advocate, enthusiast, and ambassador of packaging design + brand guidelines internally and externally.
- Understands Dame's brand, our customers, our mission, and how that guides our operations.
- Lead design and design thinking for one of our key category offerings (hardware, dietary supplements, cosmetics) and own physical product ideation, design, and execution for that category.
- Consistently push for innovation and responsible materials, techniques, and processes to create premium products and experiences.
- Translate insights and observations into valid, thoughtful design solutions, thinking through entire physical product interactions and experiences, including at shelf, unboxing, in-use, and post-use.
Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years experience in packaging design.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, etc.)
- A proven history of problem-solving that brings innovative solutions to production that are on time and on budget.
- Process-oriented with the ability to scale process refinement for efficiency and quality.
- Empathetic collaborator - someone comfortable partnering and working with cross-functional teams and multiple inputs.
- Ability to prioritize workload while remaining flexible during high-volume periods.
- Must be a proactive, inquisitive, and solution-oriented thinker.
- Self-motivated to collaborate, problem solve, research, and offer solutions that are unexpected and out-of-the-box.
- Demonstrates a willingness to test and trial while striving for professional growth.
- Has a deep passion and interest in packaging design with the ability to think through the entire customer experience and engagement with our products.
- Detail-oriented and able to partner with the Production Designer to flawlessly execute design intentions.
- Exhibits strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and acts as an excellent active listener.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Deep knowledge and awareness of sustainable packaging materials and trends are a plus.
- CPG, healthcare, and DTC experience is a plus.
How to Apply
Apply at the link below!