The Role The Design Director works alongside the Chief Creative Officer and Chief Strategy Officer to lead and manage branding and packaging design projects for CPG food & beverage brands.
Core Responsibilities Direct, manage and take creative responsibility for client design projects that you are assigned to and provide clear, focused, inspirational design direction to other members of the design team.
Leadership, conceptual thinking, talent, passion, motivation, collaboration, communication, self-awareness
- At least one year’s experience working within a creative agency at Design Director level.
- At least 5 years’ industry experience working with large CPG clients on branding, packaging, identity, website and digital work.
- Solid, proven branding skills and conceptual thinking.
- A sharp strategic mind that quickly marries up design logic and creative flair.
- The highest ability of typography, layout, color and the latest design software (specifically Adobe Creative Suite) and related tools including Google software.
- Demonstrable experience with design systems, brand architectures and guidelines.
We’re looking for
- An original thinker, with impeccable communication skills who is able to communicate ideas and direction clearly throughout the creative process both internally and externally.
- Able to give clear and considered direction throughout a project without losing sight of the original brief and goals.
- Able to quickly identify great ideas with the ability to nurture and build.
- Someone with an inspiring, engaging and authentic personality with a natural ambition to progress the business and people around you. An inspiration and mentor to less experienced team members and a level head under pressure.
- A leader and implementer of a logical, strategic led approach to design and a proactive problem solver with the positive attitudinal qualities to manage all forms of challenges.
- A demonstrated ability to create high quality creative work with commercial viability.
- Hands-on, and able to adapt across categories, brands and touch-points.
- Ability to look at the big picture but still consider the small details.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and link to portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org