Cookies, a globally recognized cannabis brand, is looking for a Design Director. Cookies offers trendsetting cannabis products that start with our indoor and outdoor farms and end up on your favorite dispensary’s retail shelves.
Our Design Directors drive and inspire the design team to deliver brand-led creative work, ensuring that the output we deliver lives up to and pushes beyond our company standards. We are looking for a team player with excellent knowledge of the creative process that can lead, inspire, and unlock any project. You can communicate and share your ideas with everybody at Cookies and the outside world.
The ideal candidate can come from a branding design background but must be a highly strategic thinker with a track record of creating impactful design work.
You Are Responsible For:
- Building relationships with cross-functional team members and across various departments.
- Knowing how to lead and represent your team effectively, substantiate the work, and the decisions behind them.
- Effectively speak to process, design goals, and team vision as a strong representative of the design team.
- Managing and inspiring a team of designers, providing design direction, and pushing the quality of the design work.
- Working closely with our production team and regularly reviewing files for print.
- Cooperating with external vendors to solve specific design challenges.
- Accelerate team efficiency by improving processes and workflows with the design and cross-functional teams.
- Be a creative visionary who is passionate about the power of design to change the cannabis industry.
- A generous and collaborative nature, giving others space and encouragement to grow.
- Ability to work with various team members across all departments.
- Impeccable design eye.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Well versed in using data and customer insights to influence design decisions.
- A resourceful nature and willingness to think outside the box.
- Must be well versed in package design principles.
- 7-10 yrs design experience in the industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or equivalent work experience
- Previously worked in a fast-paced environment
- Deep skills in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
Cookies is a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Looking for team members who are flexible, nimble and know how to get stuff done. We are a fun, driven, an entrepreneurial group focused on culture, community and quality. We’re an equal opportunity employer on the lookout for top-notch talent who truly wants to help us change the world.
This is a temporary position primarily located in San Francisco or Los Angeles with the ability to work remotely. Our team and company-operated retail locations are primarily located in California, we are open to applicants who are willing to work west coast business hours.
Come join our team!
How to Apply
Please email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.