Senior Packaging Designer
CAMP | Freelance | 09/26/2022
Your responsibilities include:
- Generate innovative and connected packaging solutions that constantly elevate our design output and are aligned with CAMP’s overall brand strategy.
- Own the end-to-end design and development of product packaging with direction from senior leadership. Includes concept presentations (concept decks, mood boards, sketches, renderings, and physical mockups).
- Be an advocate for exceptional design to the company and clients by generating bold, bright, maximal, weird, provocative, and joyful concepts
- Have a thorough understanding of print production criteria including color specs, finishes, limitations, and creating press-ready files.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (Merchandising, Private Label Product Development, & Marketing) to ensure designs are meeting time, cost, and other key objectives.
- Manage and collaborate with structural engineers, printers, photographers to coordinate all components of design execution and production.
- Manage junior designers and sourcing with outside vendors, freelancers, illustrators, and designers when needed to ensure design deliverables meet all project needs.
- Collaborate with Private Label team on compliance specifications for packaging.
- Run workflow and sign-off protocols to ensure final deliverables are error-free.
- Develop creative assets across various consumer touch-points, including POS displays, signage, environmental graphics, social, e-commerce, and more.
- Be adaptable to changes in project direction, priorities, and deadlines.
- Work both independently and with others in a fast-paced environment.
Interested in joining the team?
Submit your resume and portfolio. Don’t be afraid to share your side hustles and passion projects. We want to get to know you!
What is required?
- 4-7 years of design industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual arts, or an equivalent degree
- Compelling design portfolio demonstrating extensive experience across packaging design, POS displays, signage. Additional skills in private label product development, illustration, print and digital media are a plus
- Proven aptitude for quick creative problem solving and sharp attention to detail within a fast-paced work environment
- Experience working on cross-functional teams and taking direction from senior team members
- Experience managing junior team members and freelancers in both design and related industries (e.g. designer, packaging engineers, photographers, copywriters, etc)
- Exceptional interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills, demonstrating an ability to clearly articulate ideas and present work both internally and in front of clients
- You are not afraid to jump in where needed - no task is too big or too small for you and you are willing to throw down and help your team before you are asked
- Fluency in industry-standard design applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Start up experience is a bonus but not a requirement
- You are authorized to work lawfully in the United States
- If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason (including pregnancy) not to be vaccinated
How to Apply
91 Fifth Avenue
New York City, NY 10003
CAMP is a Family Experience Company that helps answer the question “What should we do today?” through a unique combination of Retail & Media. Launched in December of 2018, CAMP operates nine retail locations in New York, Texas, Connecticut, Massachusetts, California, and New Jersey, and serves families everywhere via its digital platforms.
CAMP will open stores in other major markets in the coming months.