Retail Voodoo is hiring a Design Director, with skill and drive to craft uniquely ownable brand experiences! This is a full-time, hybrid position with some remote work. Candidates must be able to work 2-3 days onsite in Seattle, WA.
Who you are:
Being a design “thinker” by nature, you possess the skill, drive, discipline and humility to craft uniquely ownable brand experiences. Your artful experience and strategic approach allows you to lead a team in executing “the vision”, making you a design “thinker”, and a design “do-er”.
You are a passionate packaging designer in love with CPG, branding, and food-beverage-wellness culture. You believe that design can be a force for good in the world – and you are ready to make your mark by helping our clients push the envelope. Must be dependable, self-motivated, have a positive and can-do attitude, and demonstrate excellent communication skills
What you will do:
You will create beautiful and effective design solutions across a variety of media that engage the consumer while addressing our clients’ strategic objectives. You will provide creative direction and oversight for the team, in collaboration with the Creative Director, ensuring that all packaging and print deliverables for our consumer product brand clients are innovative, exceed expectations, and are nothing short of high-quality work. Must be comfortable writing/co-authoring style guides, and brand playbooks.
Your portfolio should include print, packaging design with graphic sensibilities as well as impressive design skills.
Skills and experience:
- A strong portfolio showing a full and diverse range of work.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of branding.
- Exceptional design skills, great communication skills, good hand skills.
- Profound typographic sensitivity (mandatory).
- Proven knowledge of packaging design systems (mandatory).
- Ability to think spatially.
- Strategic thinking skills and ability to see the big picture.
- Ability to translate business objectives into solid design strategies.
- Manage and mentor creative staff and freelancers.
- Work with Account Management to manage budgets and timelines.
- Work on multiple projects with varying deadlines and commitments.
- Create, execute and produce design communication for a variety of media.
- Endurance. Changing the world is a long-view game.
- Strong sense of self and a willingness to let go of it in order to pursue holistic solutions.
- Collaborate and lead team members under the direction of the Creative Director.
- 8+ years of experience with demonstrated success in a design firm or agency environment.
How to Apply
Submit your application via the URL provided.