Jackson Family Wines | Mid-Level | 04/22/2022
As a part of the award-winning JFW Creative Team, the Digital Designer is an enthusiastic visual creator and storyteller who enjoys a range of design work and creative projects. This role will build and collaborate with the broader digital marketing, brand, and video teams to craft unique stories for our wineries that deliver results.
- Elevates our wineries by concepting and designing compelling, inspiring work that is insightful and culturally relevant.
- Together with the Creative Team, translates brand and campaign creative across digital channels with a track record of proven results.
- Works cross-functionally with Digital Marketing & Content managers to demonstrate vision that translates briefs into simple strategic ideas to develop innovative creative solutions
- Develop variety of design solutions to be used across web, digital, email and social media activations, including but not limited to websites, email, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube
- Understand how design and art direction may be nuanced from platform to platform to create the best experience while staying up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications
- Responsible for creating social media content, banner ads, GIFs, video, animation, and motion graphics.
- Concept interesting ways to tell stories in various forms and is up to speed with the latest trends and ways in which audiences are consuming video– be it a quick animation for Instagram Stories or a GIF for Twitter.
- Confidently and clearly present design ideas/concepts for campaigns and projects, using storyboards, mood boards, and mockups.
- Design multi-function email templates in adherence to e-commerce best practice
- Maintains visual brand standards and style
- The ideal candidate has a natural eye for composition, color, and above all a heart for stories and creating connections between our wineries and our audience across digital and social media platforms.
- A digital native – graphic design specifically for digital and social media is your thing
- Must have at least 3 – 5+ years in a digital or social media-based graphic design role, as part of an in-house creative team or on a creative/marketing/agency team
- Expert knowledge of design principles and Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Animate, etc.], bonus if familiar with other design tools such as Canva, Splice, etc.
- A strong portfolio showcasing brand experience across a range of digital mediums, with excellence in layout, typography, and graphics.
- High attention to pixel-perfect detail
- A creative mind that is willing to stay current with changes + ability to adapt quickly to advancements in new technology and evolving platform requirements
- Can multi-task, prioritize and successfully meet several deadlines and staying empowered to own your creative process, time keeping, and deliverables.
- Strong communication skills, and confidence presenting ideas, concepts, and projects.
- Collaborative spirit with a positive, forward-thinking attitude and ability to roll up your sleeves
- Bonus if you have an understanding of the wine industry: how wine is made, marketed, and sold
How to Apply
Apply at JFWCareers.com
Jackson Family Wines
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We’re risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We’re always on the lookout for top talent — people who share a strong work ethic and a commitment to quality and who share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community.
Our success is rooted in our steadfast commitment to an outstanding pedigree of cool, coastal vineyards and artisan winemaking practices. At Jackson Family Wines we are farmers first, and we remain one of the few family-based wineries of its size in the United States, a distinction rapidly becoming a rarity in the wine industry. As a family business, we put the long-term interests of our vineyards and wineries first and are always thinking about the future, taking strategic risks required to grow and produce exceptional quality year after year.
Making world-class wines is our number one priority, but commitment to sustainable farming and doing our part to make this world a better place for future generations ranks high on our list too.
We offer unique career opportunities, continuing education and an opportunity to work in some of the most beautiful areas of Sonoma County, combined with a competitive salary and benefits package. If you're interested in joining our family of innovative and dedicated professionals looking to shake up the wine industry, view our current openings below.
Our portfolio features popular producers such as Kendall-Jackson, one of America’s most well-known and beloved wineries and producer of America’s #1 selling Chardonnay, La Crema, Freemark Abbey, Cambria and Edmeades, plus a collection of luxury-class wineries including Cardinale, Hartford, Lokoya and Verite.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.