The Intermediate Designer is a team member in the design of a project from the definition and delivery of the design, from conceptualization, through development, coordination, documentation and execution in the field. On smaller projects, the intermediate designer may be the lead designer working directly with the Project Manager and / or Principal in Charge.
- As part of the team, prepare complete designs to meet the clients program, quality objectives, project constraints as well as AvroKO’s brand of design, with limited supervision required.
- Where required, assume responsibility for complete design of designated portions of the project as directed by the Senior Designer.
- Deliver presentations based on deliverables set forth in the contract and AvroKO’s Architectural Standards. Tasks may include, but not be limited to developing designs, 3D modeling, elevation renderings, mood board creation, cad drawings, image research, materials and furniture sourcing, tearsheets, specification pages, sample boards etc.
- Lead the team on the development of the whole design of the project according to the design intent and Senior Designer directives.
- Reviewing documents to ensure they incorporate the design intent.
- Assist and mentor junior designers.
- Primary team member responsible for managing, coordinating, creating and delivering presentations and documentation packages based on AvroKO’s deliverables standards for presentations and contract documents.
- Responding to RFI’s and interpreting the contract documents to ensure the design intent is met.
- Reviewing submittals, substitutions and field conditions for conformance with design intent.
- Attending and reporting on field visits.
- Over 4-8 years of post-graduate design experience with significant experience in high end, conceptually driven interior design.
- Demonstrated conceptual approach to design.
- Persuasive presentation skills
- Excellent teamwork skills. Ability to work collaboratively with design directors and creative managing directors across the firm
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail. Outstanding communication skills.
- Proven industry experience with common industry software applications such as Adobe Creative Suite, 3D modeling applications, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office, Spexx specification writing software a plus.
- Experience building, nurturing and fostering client relationships.
- Strong writing skills (narratives, strategy, meeting minutes, proposals, etc.)
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design or Architecture. Master’s degree a plus
How to Apply
PLEASE SUBMIT A RESUME AND PORTFOLIO.