The primary goal of the brand, web, and packaging designer is to help conceptualize, design, and produce packaging while flexing your branding, strategy, illustration, and digital skills from project initiation to completion. The designer will be able to manage their own clients/ projects as well as attend key client presentations and collaborate with the Brand Manager in presenting the work. The designer also develops print specifications, attends press checks, has a sharp eye for detail, understands the packaging production process, and sees the creative process from vision boarding through final print production.
ROLE: Mid to Senior Level Designer
THIS ROLE REPORTS TO: P+W Brand Managers, Design Directors, and Creative Director
LOCATION: Portland, Maine Office, Remote or Hybrid
POSITION: Full-time (both part-time and freelance resumes will be considered)
EXPERIENCE: at least 5+ years as a graphic designer with agency experience, and a killer packaging, branding, web, and illustration portfolio.
REQUIRED SKILLS: Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and all design programs. Web design, UX, and programming knowledge of HTML, CSS, WordPress, and Shopify. Illustration chops, both hand-drawn and computer-generated. Photography and programming skills are a plus!
QUICK OUTLINE OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Activate and develop the brand vision and push aesthetic boundaries with all clients and brands from branding, to packaging, through production, and then to web.
- Ability to manage time, regularly communicate project status, and immediately raise schedule concerns
- Design and execute graphic concepts to meet product or campaign visions with a sharp eye for detail
- Be able to juggle multiple projects with ease and accuracy while also being able to be subjective and evolve designs from creative to production
- Proven ability to own designs from initial concept creation to final sign-off
- Design for a wide variety of mediums including logos, packaging, trade show, email, online banner ads, social media graphics and ads, lifestyle images, printed sales collateral, direct mail campaigns, and more.
- Ability to carry marketing concepts across multiple pieces as part of a complete campaign from design to illustration to web layouts and into production.
- Bring thoughtful ideas on how to expand client needs and deliverables as each set of the process.
- Interface frequently with the Brand Manager, Managing Director, and Creative Director to constantly evaluate the quality and impact of past, present, and future brand work
- Consistently deliver fresh ideas and concepts to keep the brand current and dynamic
- Creative problem solver: be able to define challenges, collect relevant information, draw insightful conclusions and develop marketing and graphic concepts to address the challenge
- Be a leader and provide design guidance to peers and developing designers
- Keep an eye on industry and design trends as well as a continuing knowledge of client industries and sharing relevant knowledge with the team, while encouraging and participating in opportunities for professional development
How to Apply
Send your resume and digital portfolio to jobs(at)pulpandwire.com.Use subject: Brand, Web + Packaging Designer. Thank you for your interest.