Reporting to the Director of Innovation, the Packaging Engineer will be responsible for leading the design and development of all packaging from concept to commercialization, including innovation, channel extensions, quality improvements, sustainability and sourcing initiatives. The Packaging Engineer will primarily focus on innovative new packaging formats and materials to support the innovation pipeline, but will also focus on identifying ways to raise the standards of the existing portfolio of products. Given the wide-spanning impact of this role, the individual will work closely with the innovation, marketing, quality, operations and procurement teams to identify key opportunities to meet new consumer and business needs. This is an opportunity to drive impact and shape the future of the Vital Farms product portfolio!What You’ll Do
- Design, develop and source new packaging formats and materials to support the commercialization of new products.
- Develop and execute testing plans to validate achievement of quality standards and operational feasibility of new packaging formats and materials.
- Drive quality and cost optimizations across the existing portfolio of products, including progressing the sustainability initiatives of the brand with a constant pulse on innovative and environmentally conscious materials.
- Be part of a movement to bring ethically produced food to the table
- Work in a mission-focused environment alongside passionate colleagues
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Company-wide bonus program
- Generous retirement contributions
- Free eggs, butter, and ghee, along with friends and family discounts
- Fun team SWAG
- Learning and Development team dedicated to your growth
What You Bring to the Table
- The ideal candidate will possess a strong drive to develop new and innovative packaging solutions, an advanced packaging engineering skill set that can be applied to a fast-paced environment, and a tactical mindset to drive operational optimizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in packaging engineering, packaging science or related engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of experience with packaging development and/or engineering, including knowledge and experience with packaging design, plant operations, processing and packaging equipment. Food CPG experience is highly preferred.
- Clear understanding of the application of a broad range of packaging materials, structural design, printing and manufacturing processes. Demonstrated design thinking principals and application to the packaging innovation process.
- You’re no hero – You know the power of teamwork and celebrate the work of others before your own.
- You give a sh*t – You believe in acting like an owner and making Vital Farms a place to be proud of.
- You raise the standards – You know growth can be hard, but you strive to improve yourself and others each day.
- You can walk in someone else’s boots – You seek to understand other’s viewpoints and think that you get to better answers by sitting on the same side of the table.
- You don’t walk on eggshells – You’re not afraid to leave the bullsh*t behind and have honest conversations.
We seek to build teams that are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunities. To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Vital Farms does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other status protected by law.
How to Apply
Please apply via the submission URL link.