Most people don’t realize that one of the most creative studios in the gift industry is headquartered in Leawood, Kansas. We’re DEMDACO. We work with inspiring artists from all over the world and hire forward-thinking creatives who share our love for product and the feelings they can elicit. We’re not in the business of making "stuff." We’re driven by conducting business the way it ought to be; seeing things a little differently; and having fun while starting affirming conversations with consumers. Our work environment is collaborative, casual, stimulating, and yes, we have a good time. Our community of artists and creative partners also share our passion for making a positive impact in local communities. DEMDACO employees are encouraged to follow their passion for putting engaging product out into the world, while also supporting philanthropic and volunteer opportunities that make the world a better place. DEMDACO’s vision clearly states that "every product creates a conversation," and if you share our mission to lift the spirit by thinking of giftable product as a meaningful means to make someone’s day a little bit better, then we’d like to start a conversation with you. We’ve developed a uniquely-creative culture that values new thinking and fresh storytelling and we are looking to add an experienced Packaging Designer to our team. Do you have what it takes? https://www.demdaco.com In order to be considered a candidate for this position, you must submit your resume/application and complete the Culture Index Survey below:
Duties and Expectations
- Create, manage and execute all aspects of package design from concept to completion including brainstorming, sketching, prototyping, final art files and proofing.
- Problem solve solutions for a wide variety of 3-D gift products (boxes, hangtags, inserts, displayers and signage) often creating the dielines and product instructions.
- Work collaboratively with in-house partners to understand business and consumer needs, deadlines and packaging budgets.
- Evaluate consumer and market trends for packaging materials and processes.
- Handle fast turnarounds with a strong ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Showcase superb attention to detail.
- Build brand strength with a clear, concise aesthetic through designs that aligns to our Brand Guide.
- Comfortable working in a PLM (Product Line Management) program
Experience and Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in graphic design or industrial design is preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in packaging design.
- Showcase a strong portfolio with a variety of samples demonstrating creativity, attention to detail and knowledge of market and consumer trends.
- Proficient knowledge of creative tools, including Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Knowledge of print production and processes and an understanding of their limitations.
- Strong problem-solving, interpersonal abilities, and project management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills needed to interact with in house team members along with Asia offices--including presenting concepts.
- Product design and development experience in the giftware/home décor field preferred.
- Strong creative typography skillset utilizing time relevant fonts and/or hand lettering capabilities
How to Apply
Please apply online Upload resume and pdf or link to portfolio. Also, must take Cultural Index Survey - link in job description