Our team brings to life Nestlé’s vision for enhancing quality of life through contributing to a healthier future. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding Design organization creating holistic, consumer-obsessed experiences using a people-centered process for our brands.
The Strategic Design Manager (SDM) is a cross-functional creative management role, within Nestlé’s Design Center of Excellence (Design CoE), assisting/supporting the Head of Design—outlining and driving key initiative/projects within their group of brands or business unit. The SDM leads the design strategy process through close partnership with a marketing/cross-functional team, leading agencies, design managers and designers. The SDM adapts the vision of the Head of Design translating to individual brands and initiatives.
As part of a cross-functional team (including marketing, marketing research and packaging), this position has accountability for design strategy, brand strategic direction and championing design as a key element for the consumer. The SDM takes a people-centered, broad consumer obsessed approach to design as active business partners in brand leadership. Experience leading a track record with proven examples of an integrated brand ecosystem, brand identity and packaging design.
Primary responsibilities are leading/translating the design strategy for the foods division and brands with oversight/approval for visual branding, experience, and package design. Leading creative projects and initiatives set forth in the annual business plan, as well as supplemental and design-led initiatives to advocate, drive, and execute environmentally sustainable and low-impact design solutions.
· Responsibility/oversight to define and meet design objectives with the highest quality of innovation and pipeline for creative with a clear project budget/list
· Co-creating design briefs, ensuring synthesis/translation; clear project objectives utilizing knowledge of design and cultural trends
· Understanding of Product Innovation and Industrial Design
· Demonstrate strong presentation skills
· Up to 15 to 20% hands-on design work
· Managing relationships and results of external vendors (strategic agencies, consultants and partners)
· Contribute to a network of freelance designers, illustrators, photographers, strategists, copy writers and agencies
· Minimum 8-10 years of Design related experience
· Minimum of 5 years of formal creative management experience
· Fluency with design strategy methods and practices
· Bachelor’s degree required/Master’s preferred in Design or related field
· Experience with design-related software cross-platform (Mac & PC) software application and document management
· Demonstrate strong visual, written, and oral communication skills
· Experience managing complex brands and cross-functional teams required
· Demonstrated ability to understand trends and cultural contexts
· Consumer Package Goods industry experience preferred
· Full understanding of consumer-driven, environmentally responsible design and packaging
How to Apply
Please apply directly through our careers portal at nestleusacareers.com