We are seeking a Senior Industrial Designer, with an emphasis on structural packaging. Ideal candidates will have an outstanding packaging portfolio and experience building and guiding a team of designers.
We are hiring to support a long-term partnership with a fortune 500 client who is transforming their ecosystem of products and reshaping their entire category with fuseproject. The overall program has a multi-year trajectory and spans across all studio disciplines.
- Defining and leading the activities required to generate a clear, compelling, and actionable design point of view for the packaging team.
- Primary content creator responsible for all design deliverables on the project.
- Collaborating with program managers and design leads to define and refine scope, brief, and approach to the project.
- Strong hands on skill as well as solid ability to collaborate with Brand and Strategy teams to ensure 2D and 3D is aligned.
- Strong client relation skills a must. Ability to interact independently with the client to further fuseproject’s design point of view and to support the continuity of design vision throughout the production process.
- Mentoring Level I & II Industrial Designers and Interns.
- Ongoing and day-to-day involvement with the client’s engineering, science/R&D, operations, and manufacturing teams.
- International travel required.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in Industrial/Packaging Design, packaging development, production process, consulting agency, in-house experience, or equivalent.
- Deep knowledge of packaging materials, sustainable materials, packaging production processes
- Deep understanding of quality control and other techniques for manufacturing
- Familiarity with Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) and Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG)/products/manufacturing
- Willingness to take direction and learn from others
- Passionate thinker about consumer behavior
- Multilingual skills are welcome
- Sensitivity to international consumers and markets
- Strong sketching skills, model making, Adobe Creative Suite, CAD (Rhino, Alias, or Solidworks), Keyshot, ArtiosCAD a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial/Product Design
How to Apply
Please submit application materials and a recent portfolio via the application link