- Individual must be highly organized with fine attention to detail, have excellent time management skills, take initiative, and be able to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- The Packaging Designer will help to build the brand in a clear, concise, efficient aesthetic that aligns to our mission to connect with our customer’s lives along with their loved ones. The packaging for our product tells its story in a tactile and emotional way.
- Candidate’s portfolio must align to the design aesthetic of our products and merchandising.
- This person will lead the packaging and merchandising recommendations to the product teams, artists, and sales team with comprehensive ideas and compelling proposals, while effectively managing professional relationships and communication.
- They will create, manage and/or execute complete graphic design work from concept through development, including sketching, prototypes and developing templates for:
- Product packaging, including box graphics, enclosure cards, cross-sell inserts, hangtags, header cards.
- In-store signage, gift guides, merchandising/displayers and Point of Purchase materials to support in-store sell through of DEMDACO products.
- Product line logos, under stamps, face papers, stickers, regulatory labeling, and mock-ups.
- Familiarity with industry standards for printing and color is needed to provide in-house expertise in print production, color proofing and management.
- Costs will be managed within provided budgets.
- The designer will communicate packaging direction to overseas or domestic agents and offices, and manage approvals.
Experience and Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in graphic design or industrial design is preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in packaging design.
- Showcase a strong portfolio with a variety of samples demonstrating creativity, attention to detail and knowledge of market and consumer trends.
- Proficient knowledge of creative tools, including Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Knowledge of print production and processes and an understanding of their limitations.
- Strong problem-solving, interpersonal abilities, and project management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills needed to interact with in house team members along with Asia offices--including presenting concepts.
- Product design and development experience in the giftware/home décor field preferred.
- Strong creative typography skillset utilizing time relevant fonts and/or hand lettering capabilities
How to Apply
If you're interested in this position, please send your resume to Tim Fromm at email@example.com
In order to be considered a candidate for this position, you must submit your resume/application and complete the Culture Index Survey below: https://www.cultureindex.com/c/9671A7