The Account Manager will report to the Director of Client Services and will assist in 3 key business functions:
- Managing a portfolio of accounts, focusing on “white glove” client service
- Seeking new business opportunities with both existing clients and new prospects
- Managing client financials accurately (owning your accounts and their revenue targets)
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Working with Creative leadership to brief projects to the creative team.
- Reviewing progress, and meeting clients’ deadlines/deliverables on time and on budget.
- Conducting regular status meetings with clients and internal teams about projects; managing expectations, problem solving, and coordinating resources.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with clients that result in stronger ties with the agency.
- Ability to draft conscise, creative briefs.
- Reviewing all design, strategy, copy, layout and proofs, and either approve or gain approval according to the senior team members assigned to that particular initiative.
- Proofread and review all deliverables in advance of client presentations and release to ensure they meet good standards of quality.
- Understanding your client’s business, competitors, and end users.
- Actively identifying opportunities to grow business with existing clients while also seeking new business opportunities.
- Reviewing vendor quotes and verifying production specs.
- Monitoring monthly project financials and meeting or exceeding financial targets.
- Entering information into agency project tracking/financial software accurately.
- Coordinating with Director of Client Services to refine and uphold internal processes.
Skills and Competencies
- A results-orientated, highly self-starting individual, anticipates what's coming and preps/plans for it.
- Cool, calm, collected. Stops. Thinks. Then acts.
- Employs principles of project management and has superior organizational skills to facilitate workflow.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Outgoing, contributes to company culture through mutual respect.
- Has work experience working in design, branding, marketing, creative content, or advertising
- Curious and willing to learn of client business, competitors, and end users.
- Has the ability to logically define needs, understand client organizations, and create actionable solutions.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3-8 years related professional experience.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office and Keynote; experience with InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop a plus.
- Has a basic understanding of brand development tools and methodologies, such as: brand audits, brand strategy, brand architecture, positioning, messaging, creative briefs, etc.
- Has excellent organizational skills to facilitate workflow.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; has excellent presentation skills.
- Remains calm under pressure, shows good judgment.
- A team player that builds mutual trust and respect to foster focused teamwork.
- Outgoing and willing to contributes positively to company culture.
- Strives for excellence and raises the bar.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org