- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Practicing designer at senior level.
- Thorough understanding of and experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Build decks, speak to the work, and present to clients confidently.
- Detail-oriented follow-through with all files through final delivery.
- Perform press-checks and review print-proofs when needed.
- Working knowledge of UI and sketch
- Illustrations skills
- Creativity. Create inspiring, strategic, and innovative ideas. Have a thirst to learn, develop design solutions, and set trends in creative.
- Contributor. Improves and enhances the environment they work in, identifies work process improvements and self improvements. Is a pleasure to work with. A team player. Humble. Baseline attitude is kind, laughs a lot, has fun, and creates from a place of joy.
- Flexibility. Is excited that each day is different and each client demands new ideas.
- Responsible. Sees ideas all the way through the creative process, from initial concept to final sign-off to production. Is honest, speaks up when wrong and when they need help.
- Passionate. Cares about the work. Makes work that matters. Over-delivers whenever possible. Continually develops skill set and keep up on current industry trends, processes, approaches, and target markets.
- Embody the Weekday Studio core values: Design that puts people first, Our Yah is Yah and Our Nah is Nah, Enjoy the journey, Keep Learning and Listening.
- We’re small, which means we’re all hands on deck. The cool thing about that is there’s opportunities for you to work on any aspect you may want on a project. Love photography or styling? Set up some still life’s in our photo studio. Always wanted to design an environment? Contribute and learn on our next branded environment.
- We live in Hawaii. Nuff said.
- We’re growing, which means there is opportunity to grow with us.
How to Apply
Are you a complainer, love causing drama, dishonest, egotistical, hate listening, enjoy the big city, looking for a corporate setting, harbor grudges, lack initiative, passive aggressive, tend to blame others for everything wrong, or are rolling your eyes at this list? Don’t apply.
Take a look at our work - does your work align with our style? Can you push us farther? In what ways can you see us improving? If you don’t live in Hawaii, why would you want to and could you see yourself living here long term?
This is a 180-day contract-to-hire position with full intent to hire.
Please email your resume and portfolio to email@example.com