MOB Beauty Creates A First Of Its Kind Minimal-Waste Refillable Packaging
by Chloe Gordon on 02/08/2022 | 2 Minute Read
MOB Beauty came to Concrete with the aim of creating a brand identity and packaging system built around their innovative, reusable and eco-friendly approach to cosmetic formulation and componentry. The identity and packaging system Concrete created for MOB centers around the idea of an uncompromising “post-beauty” dedication to changing harmful industry practices for the better.
In collaboration with MOB’s internal packaging team, Concrete developed a first of its kind minimal-waste refillable packaging platform for both the primary components and secondary packages by partnering with leading sustainable packaging producers. Each part of the packaging and usability process was deconstructed and reimagined to create an end-to-end sustainable system. Created by the former founders of MAC Cosmetics, the line is a collection of customizable and refillable color palettes. Each palette is made of at least 50% post-consumer recycled PET content, with a goal of reaching 100% in development. For secondary packaging, compact clamshells made of bamboo and 100% post-consumer recycled corrugated cartons are used instead of typical boxes.
Launched in spring 2021, MOB’s Earth-First packaging acts as the foundation of the brand’s identity as a disruptor in an industry immersed in hyper-consumption and surface-level innovation.
- Designed by:: Concrete
- Chief Creative Officer:: Diti Katona
- President:: John Pylypczak
- Creative Director:: Thomas van Ryzewyk
- Director of Account Operations:: Jessica Best
- Designer:: Sarah Maslechko, Jessica Atkinson and Shujaat Syed
- Brand Planner:: Claire Reis
- Production Management:: Brandy McKinlay
- Production Design:: René Ostetto
- Client:: Frank Toskan, Victor Casale, Alisha Gallagher, Beatrice Seguin and Steve Blanchet