Barcelona's Atipus Creates Scratch Off Wine Labels For Vi Novell
by Andrew Gibbs on 02/13/2020 | 2 Minute Read
"Here at the studio, we are marking the tenth anniversary of Vi Novell by taking the opportunity for a moment of reflection. A pause, allowing us to look back and appreciate the last ten years. We want this label to pay tribute to previous editions. In order to do so, we decided to reprint the nine labels that have been created up to now. We have made the labels seem like a birthday present, covering them with removable ink. In this way, the label is hidden, and you won't know which label you have received until you scratch off the top layer. To add an extra twist, the tenth label is gold and features a prize."
"Every year since Vi Novell was first launched in 2010, we have designed a new label every year, for each edition. In 2019, Vi Novell celebrated its 10th anniversary. This was a date that the winery wanted to highlight.
With this combination of ideas, we are getting the consumer involved, as they have to scratch off the top layer to find out which label they have “won”. We are also encouraging them to purchase more than one bottle, either out of curiosity, or so that they can find a specific label, or so that they can win the prize.
The Vi Novell audience supports this event and will certainly have experienced one (or all) of these editions. With this tribute, we are also giving them the opportunity to acquire any specific label."
- Client: Celler Masroig (Priorat, Catalonia, Spain)
- Project: Vi Novell 2019 (10th edition)
- Typology: Packaging. Wine label. Limited edition.
- Additional communication elements:
- : - Social Media Communication
- : - Mini Site, 2019 edition
- : - Banners
- : - Posters/flyers
- Design: Atipus
- Concept and label design: Mariano Fiore
- Design of parts: Mariano Fiore and Carla Mayordomo
- Production Manager: Eduard Duch
- Product photography: Javier Suárez
- Event photography: Félix Ruíz
- Website design: Atipus
- Programming: Metódica
- Printing: 4 colours - Offset, on metallic paper.
- Special metallic: ink (scratch-off) applied using screen printing