Cocoon Prague Creates Visually Exquisite Packaging For Becherovka Unfiltered
by Rudy Sanchez on 01/31/2020 | 3 Minute Read
Becherovka is an herbal liqueur made unfiltered and from a closely-guarded recipe. Inspired by the forest where the herbs grow, as well as classical pharmaceutical style is coupled with premium details such as hot foiling and matte paper.
“The original Becherovka recipe has always been a well-kept secret. The creation and successful production of its first-time-ever unfiltered herbal liqueur can be best described in the claim we developed for this new product: Tradition with a pinch of rebellion.
Our visual concept has taken the direction of an absolute celebration of the herbal, traditional, and crafty spirit of this new premium sister of the original Becherovka. The label is inspired by the classical pharmaceutical style of visuality, bringing the uncomplicated feeling and the detailed crafting together in a perfect balance. Matte beige paper underlines the sensation, while forest green is used to replicate the wild, genuinely herbal taste.
The devil is in the detail, and so is the craft. The traditional art of the maker was given tribute to by putting the brand symbol – the cryptogram – in the center. We used golden hot foiling and embossing for the right stand-out. Monograms of Jan Becher and UNF (standing for Unfiltered) complimented that hero. All the elements were placed in a simple yet detailed graphical composition with the UNFILTERED sign crowning them. The claims ‘Herbal Liqueur’ and ‘Small Batch’, which emphasize the uniqueness of the product, were printed in gold.
But we did not stop here. A custom-made gift box was designed for influencers and bartenders to introduce this new spirit in a special way.”
- Creative Director: Karolína Bělohlávková/Cocoon Prague
- Account Manager: Çigdem Çevrim/Cocoon Prague
- Account Manager: Jana Melníková/Cocoon Prague
- Brand Strategist: Jakub Plášek/Cocoon Prague
- Design Director: Evgeny Razzhivin/Cocoon Prague
- Senior Designer: Sasha Sharavarau/Cocoon Prague
- Designer: Anna Matoušková/Cocoon Prague
- Illustrator: Tania Sharavarava/Cocoon Prague
- 3D visualiser: Petr Ludvík/Cocoon Prague
- Artworker: Robert Špecián/Cocoon Prague
- Photographer: José Sabino/Cocoon Prague