The Brief 8/1/17: Design News You Might Have Missed
by Theresa Christine Johnson on 08/01/2017 | 1 Minute Read
Here’s the latest:
- McDonald’s like you’ve never seen it before: couture.
- And more fast food news: McDonald’s turns its drink trays into a limited edition, recyclable boombox.
- Non-gendered perfumes ftw. “Perfume certainly is one of the countless products that is still often divided between men and women, though there are several brands now who make fragrances for all genders—the only deciding factor is which scent the individual likes best.”
- Embrace your inner packrat with these 28 products with awesome packaging.
- Coca-Cola is encouraging consumers to go green with its new ad made from sustainable packaging.
- How can we cut plastic waste? Here are a few excellent suggestions.
- In a survey of 2,000 people, over 90% expressed support for a plastic-free aisle. “Too much of our plastic waste ends up in oceans and landfill. Consumer demand for products that generate less plastic waste is higher than ever. A plastic free aisle would help supermarkets meet the needs of shoppers who are fed up of buying products covered with layer after layer of throwaway plastic. For years we’ve able to buy gluten-free, dairy-free, and fat-free, so why no plastic free?”