11 Budweiser Summer State Cans from NY to CA
by Jessica Deseo on 07/11/2017 | 6 Minute Read
There are 12 different Budweiser breweries across the country, proudly brewing Bud’s distinct golden suds. Californians drink Budweiser brewed in California. New Yorkers drinks Bud from New York. To celebrate Budweiser’s home-grown pride, Jones Knowles Ritchie and Bud replaced the name of the beer with the 11 individual states that brew it: California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Texas, and Virginia—bringing to life each state’s individuality, and only available for sale in those states.
"Beginning today, 11 states will see their namesake on Budweiser bottles and cans as part of the brand’s latest evolution of its iconic summer packaging. Available today through the end of September, Budweiser’s newest look celebrates the local states Budweiser and its breweries call home."
"Since 1876, Budweiser has been proudly brewed across America and its new state packaging pays tribute to the 12 breweries that relentlessly produce America’s No. 1 full-flavored classic lager. The packaging will be specific to California (featuring two Budweiser breweries), Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Texas and Virginia."
“Our new state bottles and cans celebrate the homes of our breweries and the communities that support them,” said Ricardo Marques, vice president, Budweiser. “Since 1876, Budweiser has been proudly brewed across America, and this summer, we’re inviting local consumers to raise a cold one with us.”
On shelves from July to September 2017, 11 different states will enjoy their own custom packaging, each featuring custom copy changes as inspired by each local backdrop, including:
- “Budweiser” on cans and bottles being replaced with each state name
- The center medallion “AB” monogram updated withstate initials
- “King of Beers” swapped to includeeach individual state motto
- “Anheuser-Busch Inc.” replaced with each state nickname
To continue the celebration of its local breweries throughout the summer, Budweiser will also:
- Host brewery open houses – inviting homegrown communities to experience the brand firsthand alongside local food, music and custom swag. The famed Budweiser Clydesdales will also be making appearances at each brewery open house throughout the summer.
- Air unique radio spots in each market, written by local Budweiser brew masters and/or the brewery’s general managers
- Present its first-ever “Budland” festival bringing together the best of LA’s local music artists, fashion and food
Designed by: Jones Knowles Ritchie
Olberding Brand Family
Olberding Brand Family
Technical Color Manager