The Brief 6/6/17: Design News You Might Have Missed
by Theresa Christine Johnson on 06/06/2017 | 1 Minute Read
Here’s the latest:
- Why not package food with food?
- Lush employees stripped down last week in order to educate the public about the immense waste and pollution that excess product packaging creates. “There are almost 300,000 tons of floating debris from plastic packaging in the world’s oceans, and packaging contributes to 80% of litter collected from beaches during organized cleanups.”
- Nutella’s latest packaging, designed by an algorithm.
- Find some packaging inspiration in the exquisite mosques of the world.
- On brands and authenticity: “The bigger the brand, the larger the empire, the less likely it is that its beliefs are relatable to the individual. The more the word ‘authentic’ becomes a buzzword for brands, the less it has a substantial meaning upon which to hang real values.”
- The AIGA Eye on Design Conference is coming to Minneapolis!
- Some stylish Father’s Day gifts for the design-minded dads.