The Brief 6/27/17: Design News You Might Have Missed
by Theresa Christine Johnson on 06/27/2017 | 1 Minute Read
Here’s the latest:
- Get a sneak peek at laser-etched avocados. So cool!
- Vancouver is well on its way to becoming the greenest city in the world—and they are now tackling the arduous problem of harmful single-use packaging.
- Inside the Harvard library that protects the world’s rarest colors.
- The creator of myCycle, the tampon delivery service that then turns the waste into compost, wanted the packaging to look different: "Why is tampon packaging never red? I wanted to use the word menstruation and the colour red, and illustrations of blood drops for the main logo."
- Hell yes: the packaging for this dog food features stickers with photos of the employees who pack the all-natural dog treats with care, and they employ workers with some form of autism or with disabilities.