The Brief 4/25/17: Design News You Might Have Missed
by Theresa Christine Johnson on 04/25/2017 | 1 Minute Read
Here’s the latest:
- Target’s set 5 sustainable packaging goals to achieve by 2022.
- Craft beer and art go hand in hand.
- While Suave’s packaging stunt was certainly an interesting experiment, it certainly doesn’t mean that packaging is irrelevant. “Packaging and design matters. It just does. Suave’s packaging is really kind of garish, which it probably has to be in order to stand out in the sea of colorful plastic bottles at the drugstore. But putting the product into a minimalist pale bottle might be the way to do it now. Why doesn’t Suave repackage its products to be more attractive and look more upscale?”
- All black everything. This is the mattest, darkest black paint ever.
- Dolce&Gabbana has created beautiful appliances that tell an Italian story.
- “‘Type alters what you smell’ and other insights from Sarah Hyndman’s latest type-based research.”
Dieline Media & PRINT Magazine