The Brief 3/28/17: Design News You Might Have Missed
by Theresa Christine Johnson on 03/28/2017 | 2 Minute Read
Here’s the latest:
- A little Tuesday morning pep talk for ya. (ps you’re welcome)
- That disgusting cigarette packaging with tobacco-filled lungs actually works. “Take away the ‘cool,’ colorful packaging and, suddenly, people are less inclined to put toxic chemicals in their lungs.”
- If you’re in the Southern California area, do yourself a favor and check out the amazing installations with Desert X. If you’re not in the Southern California area, it might be time for a little vacation there.
- Not your grandma’s tampons.
- It’s been found! The most cost-effective solution to Donald Trump’s wall is a dining table.
- Did you know: not everyone experiences music in the same way, and in fact, some people find it boring or distracting altogether.
- When the art museum isn’t cutting it for your inspiration, head to some of the world’s weirdest museums.
- Major League Baseball diapers have arrived.
- Question: how can Uber save itself? Answer: not be so slimey. “Their users want to support ethical companies; they want to support companies that support their employees, they want to support companies that really work to have an equal opportunity and an equal playing field within their workforce and obviously protect women’s rights.”
- Five packaging materials you might not have realized are harder to recycle.
- Mattel’s new toy is up to a panel of kid judges, and we love it.
- Kiss regular sticky notes goodbye and get these Rubin Vase ones instead.
- Whoa. Nike releases Air Max shoebox made from recycled cartons and coffee lids.
- Are you a freelancer? Here are nine recommended podcasts to help you grow your business.
Acme Smoked Fish Corp.
Olberding Brand Family