by Elizabeth Freeman on 10/29/2015 | 2 Minute Read
Like the watches it contains, the Great George concrete cube is built on Bauhaus design principles: simple and useful. The cube was kept free from useless ornamentation so it will compliment any context you place it in. Three materials were crucial to the Bauhaus art movement: glass, steel and concrete. These materials are equal parts usefulness and grace. The watches utilize glass and steel, and a premium cube completes the trifecta with concrete. The concrete cube will protect your Great George watch, but that’s not all. You can repurpose the packaging however you want. A few examples are: a planter, a stash for your pencils or a candle holder.
"At Great George, a New York City watch company, we think outside the circle by designing square watches made with quality materials at an obtainable price. Our watches combine a timeless and uncluttered design inspired by the Bauhaus art movement with Swiss movements, surgical stainless steel and mineral glass coated in sapphire. Every leather strap is interchangeable so a Great George watch becomes a custom timepiece in seconds."
- Bauhaus design: A Great George has a simple and timeless design without pointless ornamentation.
- Quality: each watch has Swiss movements, surgical stainless steel and mineral glass coated in sapphire.
- Interchangeable: the 100 percent leather straps are interchangeable. One watch becomes many.
- Warranty: each watch has a three-year warranty.
- Packaging: our premium packaging is a repurposable concrete cube that could become whatever you want: a planter, a stash for your pencils or a candle holder.
Designer: Sean Andrew Murray
Designed by Great George
Country: United States
City: New York